Home > BIOEX Foam
MANUFACTURER of FIREFIGHTING FOAM CONCENTRATES
Since 1998, BIOEX manufactures efficient and eco-friendly firefighting from concentrates. In 2002, BIOEX had already committed to protecting our environment by launching ECOPOL: the first fluorine-free foam concentrate in the world!
BIOEX employs 20 plus people worldwide and is part of the LEADER Group, an international fire and rescue equipment manufacturer.
INTRODUCING ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC (MIL-PRF-32725)
ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC is our superior quality synthetic Fluorine-Free Foam (F3) concentrate for aircraft fire protection (class B hydrocarbon fires) meets Military specification MIL-PRF-32725.
FIRE EXTINGUISHING PERFORMANCES
ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC foam concentrate is efficient against aviation fire risks (such as fuel spills, landing gear fire, engine fire, fuselage fire, aircraft hangar fire). Indeed, it has high performances on hydrocarbon fires such as diesel, kerosene, JET A, JET A1 and Gasoline. They are primary hazards at military installations!
- ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC provides high extinguishing performance like fire control, fast extinguishment combined with excellent burnback resistance.
Moreover, the foam forms a foam blanket which spreads quickly above the fuel to seal the spill surface and cuts off oxygen supply, suppresses fuel vapors and prevents reignition.
- The ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC foam sticks on vertical surfaces as plane body and fuselage to create thermal insulation which allows immediate protection and passengers evacuation. The foam blanket has long drainage time.
- Advanced fire tests at nominal, half and double strength were conducted on ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC proving effectiveness in all situations.
- Finally, this Newtonian foam concentrate (low viscosity) is compatible with all foam dosing systems (ARFF fire vehicles, monitors, nozzles…) and automated equipment. No need to change installations switching from AFFF to ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC.
- This non-fluorinated foam resists foam contamination by hydrocarbons.
- ECOPOL A3+ MILSPEC is compatible with dry chemical. Foam produces resist contact with dry chemical powder.
OTHER PRODUCTS OFFERED
Class A Foam Concentrates
BIOEX high-quality Class A foam concentrates are meant to be used at concentration levels of 0.1% to 1.00%. Typical Class A applications are structural fires, forestry/brush fires, car fires etc. All BIOEX Class A foam concentrates have a 10 year warranty. In this category, BIOEX offers the following products.
- Biofor N – The most economical Class A concentrate for structural, forestry/brush fires etc. Wetting agent at 0.1% to 0.5%, and foaming properties at 0.5% to 1.0%. Efficient on small class B fires such as car/truck accidents with burning hydrocarbon fuels. Meets NFPA 18
- Ecopol F – Class A concentrate specific for Forestry, certified through USDA for use aboard fixed wing aircraft and helicopter tankers, as well as all ground operations. Wetting agent at 0.1% to 0.3%, and foaming properties at 0.3% to 1.0%. Efficient on small class B fires such as car/truck accidents with burning hydrocarbon fuels. Meets US Forestry standard FS 5100-307a.
- Bio-T3 / T6 Training Foam – This economical foam may be used for ARFF training as well as any firefighter training classes where foam application is on the curriculum. Bio T3 (3%) and Bio T6 (6%) create an unstable foam blanket which may be dispersed quickly in preparation for continuous training evolutions. This product is used for training purposes only, to allow the firefighter to understand the proper methods of applying a foam blanket, and should not be used in a live-fire situation.
CLASS B FLUORINE FREE FOAM CONCENTRATES
BIOEX was the first manufacturer to develop an environmentally friendly, fluorine free alternative to AFFF and AFFF-AR in 2002, and continues to be the innovator in the F3 markets. The Ecopol line of products provide protection against all hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuel risks. BIOEX Ecopol products are being used in the transition to fluorine free foam concentrates around the world in industrial, chemical, petrochemical, aviation, and marine operations. All BIOEX ClassB F3 foam concentrates have a 10-year warranty Ecopol has been certified as completely free of any chemicals hazardous to the environment by GreenScreen.
- Ecopol 3 – Fluorine Free environmentally friendly Class B foam concentrate, efficient on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuels. Ecopol is used at 3% concentration through all foam delivery systems including portable or fixed nozzles, fixed sprinkler systems, and foam pourers. May be used in low, medium, or high expansion. Certified to European standard EN1568
- Ecopol A – Newtonian based concentrate specific for hydrocarbon aviation fuels. Newtonian liquid means a fast transition from AFFF without any changes to proportioning equipment on ARFF apparatus. Excellent foam coverage through truck mounter turrets and cannons, with long burn back and drainage time. Used at 3% for aircraft firefighting operations. Compatible with all dry chemical agents. Meets ICAO level B.
- Ecopol Premium – Fluorine Free environmentally friendly Class B foam concentrate, efficient on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuels. Ecopol Premium is used at 3% concentration through all foam delivery systems including portable or fixed nozzles, fixed sprinkler systems, and foam pourers. Also usable in direct application, or sub-surface delivery systems at low, medium, or high expansion. Certified to European standard EN1568, UL162 pending.
- Ecopol F3HC – Fluorine Free environmentally friendly Class B foam concentrate, specific for hydrocarbon fuels. Ecopol F3HC is used at 3% concentration through all foam delivery systems including portable or fixed nozzles, fixed sprinkler systems, and foam pourers. May be used in low, medium, or high expansion. Certified to European standard EN1568